Monday 13 September 2010

Quick Tip for AutoCAD - DWGOpen by Phill Ash

I came across this superb little application that runs within AutoCAD called DWGOpen written by Phill Ash when he posted a discussion group on it on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com).

If you are running multiple versions and profiles of AutoCAD on your PC/laptop, Phill's app brings up a small dialog box that asks you which version and which profile you wish to use to open a DWG file. Cool, huh?

Screenshot


Phill's webpage for this app is here. You can also go to his LinkedIn profile if you are a LinkedIn member.

I think that this is a superb app for AutoCAD, especially when working in a large corporate environment using multiple versions of AutoCAD on multiple projects.

Nice one, Phill and thanks for giving me permission to put your app on my blog!

It is now 12.42am on the 3 June 2009.

I must get some sleep.....zzzzz!

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment